Old 09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Sacha

Default OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

On 9/11/05 16:05, in article ,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Anyway, it's sound advice to consult a competent professional on property
matters. It might even prevent unpleasant surprises, like finding
out after
purchase that someone removed the chimney breasts without providing
adequate
support for the chimney stacks :-)

I have actually known that happen to one person - luckily they weren't
living in the house when most of the chimney arrived in their living room.

I know someone else who had that (though not the falling bit) - but
fortunately, when he came to buy the house he got loads knocked-off the
selling price.

And I was talking to someone else who said they'd removed the
chimneybreast downstairs. I said I hoped it was properly supported and
she replied: "Oh yes, there's a JCB holding it up."

Well, it's got a 'J' in it innit.

Make a lovely coffee table if looked at in a certain light......
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk