Old 23-01-2003, 08:01 PM
William Anderson

Default raising PH levels

Hiya All,

After what i thought was a good first year for my veg plot, i have a friend
who, with a smaller plot managed to produce more than me.

After consulting the text books and testing the soil i found out that he had
an alkali soil and mine was acid with a reading of 4. Im now certain that
my veg needs an alkali soil, and im told that i can raise the PH by adding
lime.

Now the question i have is. What sort of lime do i use?. And how much do i
use and how do i apply it?.

This might seem a streight enough question but i am very new to gardening
and need to increase my knowledge.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding.

Bill.