Old 10-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Carol-Ann

Default Dormant period for plants?

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Do Lilies need a dormant period?

## The hardy ones do. The retain only a few small underwater leaves over
the winter.

Now that my winter pond (indoor) is getting closer to reality, I'm
wondering what plants to bring indoors? I was planning on bringing in some
Water Hyacinth and Hornwort, but what about the Lilies? They aren't
completely dead yet, will they get confused?

## They need a rest period and more LIGHT than you can provide indoors.
Just bring in your tropicals. They too will need a light of light to remain
healthy. Hornwart will overwinter in zone 6.

--
..... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: