Old 09-11-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Old gasoline

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Don Young" wrote in message
I found that adding old gasoline to my Farmall Cub tractor caused severe
valve sticking. Don Young

Interesting - we've had Farmall Cubs in the family for years and I've thrown
all kinds of gas in them in the past. But as I've gotten older and less
inclined to drain tanks & clean carburetors I've been more careful recently.
Just had to drain water out of mine (condensation) from being outside
covered with a tarp. I have a Massey Pony with a "sticky valve" and it's
power is greatly reduced. The only time I've had a Cub with power reduced
that much is when a plug was fouled.

Been looking at the snowblower talks lately, a lot of them swear by
adding Marvel Mystery Oil to the fuel to prevent sticky valves, etc.

"FDR" wrote in message
.. .
I have a couple of gallons of old gasoline, probably at least a year old.
I suppose I could dispose of it properly, but I was wondering of it could
be "revived" somehow or used instead?