Old 23-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default raising PH levels

In message , Rod
writes

"William Anderson" wrote in message
Hiya All,

After what i thought was a good first year for my veg plot, i have a

friend
who, with a smaller plot managed to produce more than me.

After consulting the text books and testing the soil i found out that he

had
an alkali soil and mine was acid with a reading of 4. Im now certain that
my veg needs an alkali soil, and im told that i can raise the PH by adding
lime.

If that pH measurement is anything near correct you have an extremely acid
soil

Indeed, my first reaction would be to go and test the soil again, that
is a very low pH for soil - whereabouts do you garden Wlliam?

You need to do a number of tests on soil from different areas of the
plot.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: