Old 09-11-2005, 08:43 PM

Default The Barr approach and Red Brush Algae...

On 2005-11-06, Justin wrote:
Nitrate currently 10ppm but is usuall 5ppm

You may have excessive nitrates relative to your other nutrients...

http://tinyurl.com/7zyye

That is not it. Excess nitrates do not cause algae if the other
parameters are in good ranges.
I've attempted to induce algae and even at over 100pm of NO3, no algae
was ever induced in repeated experiments.

It's CO2 and CO2 and CO2.

Add more till the BBA stops growing.
EI simply isolated the and provided enough nutrients for the plants and
the light is fine so all that's left is the CO2.

pH/KH measurements cause problems for folks.
I use that as a starting point, then you add progressively more CO2
till no positive impact is achieved by adding more CO2.

This must be done ___slowly__.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com