Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 AM
B & J

Default arghhh

"CWilde" wrote in message
I don't know, I wish I could be a teacher and stay home when the weather

is
bad. How bout driving on ice, your car coated with white salt from

following
the snow plow, wondering if the ditch will become your friend I could

win
the lottery if only I played.

Carlotta

Be careful what you wish for, Carlotta. I used to be a teacher in a school
in northern MN in which school for students could be cancelled, but the
teachers had to report or be docked. Fortunately I lived a couple of blocks
from school, which meant many knee deep walks to school for me, but many
fellow teachers weren't so fortunate.

Interestingly enough we had a winter accompanied by a blizzard every weekend
for five weeks. By the end of the worst part of the snow season, we had an
accumulation in excess of 10'. That same winter included temperatures in
which the high for the day was a -10. I have never cleaned so much snow from
my driveway before or since and never want to!

John