Old 10-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Paul D.Smith

Default unrotted manure

I've been sticking mine in the compost bin, mixed with the regular kitchen
waste. It takes about a year to rot down cold, faster if you can get the
heap hot (I've never managed it). However my compost heap has been "seeded"
from my wormery and those little devils are doing one hell of a job. So
much so that if they survive the winter in the compost heap, I'm
contemplating ditching the wormery altogether.

Paul DS.

"H Ryder" wrote in message
How do you turn fresh horse manure into something that can go on the

garden?
How long does it take? Thanks,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)