Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Kay

Default Any idea which plant?

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
gentlegreen wrote:

They did a datura experiment on channel4 once - didn't sound very appealing
and not remotely like LSD / shroom-like in effect.

Yes. Its normal effects are certainly very different. But I am
quite sure that the subjects did not simply touch the plant :-)

Definitely solanaceae, but looks a bit more like an edible physalis of some
sort - more likely to be mixed in with tomato seeeds I would have thought ?

Perhaps. Most of the Physalis are edible, but I am not sure whether
all are. The genus is unusual among the Solanaceae in that respect.

I've looked at it now - definitely not thorn apple, and not Physalis.
It's a shoo-fly, Nicandra physaloides. Still Solanaceae. It's widely
grown as an ornamental, and there is a strain available where the stems
and calyces are deep blue.

The identification on the clip-art ng as 'clematis family' is way off
the mark.
--
Kay