Old 10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
La puce

Default unrotted manure

H Ryder wrote:
How do you turn fresh horse manure into something that can go on the garden?
How long does it take? Thanks,

You can create for yourself box or pens made out of chicken wires or
wooden pallets. I have created a wooden pen where I keep my manure in,
with an thick black plastic sheet as cover. I have made two of these.
In September I get my manure from a farmer friend. This september
manure I keep until spring which by then is crumbly and not smelly at
all and I use for all my vegs. In March I get some more which I use in
the automn for my garden and flower beds. What's left in the automn I
top with the leaves I gather then. HTH