Old 10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Dave H

Default unrotted manure

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Sla#s" writes:
| "Mike Lyle" wrote in message
| SNIP
| ...I
| suppose a cold heap actually _is_ a wormery, so there's little point
| in having both.
|
| I must have said here before that I think wormeries, as such, are an
| interesting hobby for a while but otherwise pretty pointless.
|
| Surely one can put more in a wormery - cooked food etc. that one would

not
| want to put on the heap?

Not at all. One can put anything on a cold heap that one can put
on any other form of composter, and then some. And many of us
do ....

that, of course is true, but every time we put any kitchen waste on the heap
we get visits from the local rat population. so we chuck all our kitchen
scraps
into the wormery and they get through it in doublequick time. with the added
advantage of a liquid feed byproduct.

Dave H