Old 10-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Snooze

Default Aphid invasion

"MaxMustermann" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I've got an aphid invasion that I can't seem to get rid of. They are
particularly fond on attacking my mint plants.

[snip

The plants were originally planted in a garden, but I removed parts and
placed them inside. I have cut all the leaves when I noticed the aphids
some 4 or 5 weeks ago. I also sprayed some kind of anti-aphid spray on
the leaves and affected stems. I've tried a a homemade pesticide of 1TB
dish-washing liquid and 1L water. I've also tried spray tap-water to
sort of "hose them off"... nothing worked....

Short of nuclear weapons, there isn't much you can to do to eliminate
aphids.
dish washing soap and water spray helps kill them by dehydrating them.
Pesticides temporarily work. You'll need to keep it up for a few weeks to
eliminate the current aphids and the eggs.

Check to see if you have an ant problem as well, ants often protect aphids
from predators like ladybugs.