Old 10-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights

Ok...well you all peaked my interest.

I went to the ledgrowlights.com site and poked around.

This seems to be a very interesting concept for someone who has a small
collection and lots of money to spend.

http://ledgrowlights.com/GrowlightKits.htm

On this page they say that the basic system 22 watts covers 2-3 square feet
and 66 watt system covers 6-8 square feet. The 66 watt would be about equal
to a two tube shop light in coverage.

On the next page for VA they say that a 22 watt system costs $299.00! The
individual bulbs are $99 and $85 (red and blue).

A shop light from Home depot with two bulbs is less than $20.00

I see a lot of benefits from the LED lighting but I question what the
payback would be when you consider the high initial cost of deploying this
form of lighting.

Good Growing,
Gene