Old 28-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Jon Rouse

Default can I suggest a new FAQ?

In article , Rod
writes

But seriously James Smith Scotland Nurseries in the 1960s was a magical
place to me - it felt like a time warp even then. I don't recall seeing much
in the way of machinery there. The stock hedges also doubled as shelter
belts because this place was high up on the moors and most stock was field
grown. As I said about those rhodo stock hedges they just went round
dropping rocks on suitable shoots and produced some super strong bushy
plants.

I feel quite sorry for them really. They're helpful, and knowledgeable,
but they're stuck between Neil Thompson on the one hand, who is a real
nurseryman, with polytunnels full of plants, and a sales area which is
the back of a truck, and the Tansley place which is full of hooray
Henries in four wheel drive Tesco trekkers buying fancy fish for the
water feature. The more they move into bought in plants and natty nick
knacks at ridiculous prices they more they are going to drive both camps
away.

Jon
--
Jon Rouse