Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Andrzej Konarski

Default The Barr approach and Red Brush Algae...

Uzytkownik napisal w wiadomosci
ups.com...

On 2005-11-06, Justin wrote:
Nitrate currently 10ppm but is usuall 5ppm

You may have excessive nitrates relative to your other nutrients...

http://tinyurl.com/7zyye

That is not it. Excess nitrates do not cause algae if the other
parameters are in good ranges.
I've attempted to induce algae and even at over 100pm of NO3, no algae
was ever induced in repeated experiments.

It's CO2 and CO2 and CO2.

Add more till the BBA stops growing.
EI simply isolated the and provided enough nutrients for the plants and
the light is fine so all that's left is the CO2.

pH/KH measurements cause problems for folks.
I use that as a starting point, then you add progressively more CO2
till no positive impact is achieved by adding more CO2.

This must be done ___slowly__.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hello.I read this article of link above ane there is written the mg
concentration should be 45 ppm.
Is this true ????

I need good information becauce i need to now how to make good water for
pplants with only ro water.
And Ca to mg should be as 4to 1! How big should be then ca concentration
when we have 45 ppm of mg.

My friend say that!!!
"
Make soft water using ro.You need to have gh and kh 0 !
And then add to this water mgso4.. Add 5ppm Mg and that give you 1 Gh.
And then add to this water k2co3..Add 15ppm K and that give you 1,5 Kh.
And then add to this water CaCo3..Add to reach additionaly 4 Gh and 3,5 Kh.

That will be 5ppm mg and 15 ppm K and aproXimetly 5 Kh and 5 Gh.

What do you think?