Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Any idea which plant?

In article ,
"Des Higgins" writes:

| I think it may have some psychotropic (is that the right word) peoperties
| but you would have to eat it or make tea with it at a guess. It did feature
| in the daft Carlos Castaneda books about as something that native Americans
| used to ehhhhhh become religious but now that I think about it, that does
| not neccessarily mean anything.

Yes. It was used medicinally and religiously, but you have to be
VERY careful not to overdose, and the effects are not necessarily
pleasant.

It is a common weed in hotter, drier countries, and people brush
against it with bare skin a great deal. Almost all such people
know better than to eat it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.