Old 10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Mike

Default FAO Kate Morgan

Kate you will remember that I recommended that you get a written Quotation
for any work reference the Nest removal, well in the mail this morning was
an ESTIMATE for some work I would like doing on my car. No, I want a
Quotation. I telephone the company and explained to the lady on the
switchboard/reception that they had sent me an Estimate, but I requested a
Quotation. "Well, it's the same" 'No, there is a difference between an
Estimate and a Quotation' "Oh, I will have to see the person who did it"

Question. Was she trying to pull the wool over my eyes, or was she ignorant
of the difference?

and I wonder just how many people DO know the difference. When I had my
businesses, I NEVER gave an Estimate, always a Quotation

Mike