Old 10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Sacha

Default Jackdaws to Buzzards

On 10/11/05 14:22, in article
, "Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Little owls like cavities which are accessible via a hole, such as
hollow trees, and even burrows.

Burrows?! I had no idea they might ground nest so all the more reason to
keep an eye on the digging dogs!

Yes, but if elevated nooks and crannies can be had, they are unlikely to
choose a burrow.

Plenty of nooks and crannies round here, I'd think, so hopefully that's what
they'll do. We sometimes hear the parent birds calling from across the
fields to the young sitting in or near our garden. But what we don't know
is if the parents are calling from their roost or just encouraging the young
to forage with them.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk