Old 10-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Any idea which plant?

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
gentlegreen wrote:

They did a datura experiment on channel4 once - didn't sound very appealing
and not remotely like LSD / shroom-like in effect.

Yes. Its normal effects are certainly very different. But I am
quite sure that the subjects did not simply touch the plant :-)

Definitely solanaceae, but looks a bit more like an edible physalis of some
sort - more likely to be mixed in with tomato seeeds I would have thought ?

Perhaps. Most of the Physalis are edible, but I am not sure whether
all are. The genus is unusual among the Solanaceae in that respect.

IIRC, some Physalis aren't edible, but I don't recall species names. In
other cases the unripe fruits are toxic.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley