Old 10-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Sacha

Default Plant naming question

On 10/11/05 22:53, in article
, "Pat"
wrote:

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses.

Where did you see this used? And could it mean that the plants
originated from garden plant 'parents' and not from wild ones?

It is used throughout the excellent "The Royal Horticultural Society A-Z
Encyclopedia of Garden Plants"

Well, I will say straight away that I've never noticed that. We use those
volumes mainly to show customers what plants look like, and whether or not
they will be hardy. I have to say that most people are not too interested
in the etymology of plant names but I'll certainly keep my eyes open now.
Goodness! Do you have a particular interest in the subject?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk