Old 11-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Steve

Default Jumping with joy

Reka wrote:
Our club VP came home from Wössner with a present for me: a Paph.
vietnamense seedling! One fan, 4-5" leafspan.
Any tips? The only thing I have been able to find on it yet assumes
culture similar to delenatii, to my thrill, since Deperle (delenatii x
primulinum) is one of the ones I have done well with already.

Hi Reka, I'm excited for you! I hope you do well with it.
I bookmarked this site quite a while ago. They are great looking plants:
http://paphs.net/media/Paphs/viet.htm You might contact the person
who's e-mail address appears at the bottom of that page and see what
they can offer.
If I were in your situation, I would also send an e-mail to Bob
Wellenstein to seek advice. http://www.ladyslipper.com/index.html
Bob was the one who first grew them legally in the US, I'm pretty sure.
Last of all there is this:
http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/peopl.../newpaph8.html
which comes from this home page:
http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/peopl...ka/indexe.html
At the bottom of that page is Dr, Tanaka's e-mail address. Ask him what
he can tell you. In my experience, he WILL give you a reply. I asked him
a question once and he replied within hours. English isn't his best
language but he'll answer.

Now, I'll wait right here until you bloom it and show a picture. I want
to see what it looks like! :-)

Steve