Old 11-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Raspberry bush

said:

I bought a $5 6" plant and stuck it in the ground. It has done
pretty well...I get to eat a few berries every few days. Now I have it
in a tomato cage and it it about 5 feet tall with 3-4 branches. How
should I trim thisfor winter? I live on the border of 5-6. Thanks

Every few days right up into fall? Fruited on new canes? I would leave
it go until next spring and only thin out the canes that don't resprout
and trim back the remaining ones to the first really strong bud--maybe '
even remove a few of the smaller, weaker canes.

For fall bearing raspberries, this can give you a summer crop in
addition to the fall crop.

(attributed to Don Marti)