Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Bertie Doe

Default Blue Lake Beans

Ian Keeling wrote
I grew them again this year, but didn't notice such a variation (but
only
had 5 plants, so that may just have been a matter of chance). These 5
plants yielded 2.8kg (which seems good to me, though I expect there'll
soon be a
chorus of responses asking how I managed such a poor yield!) - still a
few
to be picked, but I've more or less given up on them now, despite this
Indian summer!

Nope, that's a good yield from 5 plants

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
It wasn't a good year for beans with me, either. I think I must have
grown three times as many on the same number of palnts as I did last
year.

Although I planted 2 rows on the allotment, my yield was down over previous.
The late cold-snap's to blame, I goov

"La puce" wrote in message
sni
However, I won't do runner beans ever again. I had so many, so stringy, so
'orrible - the flowers where very huge and were very pretty, but the
beans, even the young ones, were not to our taste.

Try Blue Lake, they're fantastic fresh or frozen. In fact they freeze a lot
better than the traditional English runners. In fact, the taste is similar
to a dwarf bean, but with a much higher yield.
Bertie