Old 11-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Wilmdale

Default the state of the pond

Today it is very mild in Colorado Springs. I decided to use the warm
weather and day off from school to take down my "veggie coffins" (as my
neighbors call it) to prepare for putting the veggie filter in the
ground. What a world under there!!! A black and yellow salamander, too
many night crawlers to count and they soon disappeared into the earth, a
pregnant mouse, slugs, bugs and bugs and more little critters. I felt
kind of bad disturbing their new 'home' :-( . But what a time for
exploring and even reminiscing about the MS (where I was born and grew
up) and all the critters that live there and provided years of wonder
for me and my siblings. Here in the springs, it is often so dry, I do
not routinely see the kind of life I found under the veggie filter.
Anyway... just a few more piece to take a part and the 'box' will be
gone and the area prepped for the ingound veggie filter/stream.
Happy last warm days of fall! :-) :-D .
W. Dale