Old 11-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Sacha

Default Medicinal uses of plants

On 11/11/05 18:59, in article
, "Ian Keeling"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
I've just stumbled across this interesting site:
http://www.pfaf.org/index.html

Yes, it's very good, isn't it - not only for medicinal uses, but all
sorts. I never knew, for example, that young Hemerocallis leaves made a
good salad. On the basis of what I read there I tried nibbling one the
other day and confess that I'm not entirely convinced. Maybe it was the
wrong species - or perhaps it needs a good salad dressing ;-) Or maybe
it just needs a pinch of salt?

Had you considered walnut oil? ;-)
Perhaps it needs an adjustment of expectations. I knew Hemerocallis were
edible but have never been tempted to try it. OTOH, I've taken Lobelia
tablets for sinus problems and they are extremely effective. (BUT they must
be taken only for short periods because they can damage the liver.)

The entire database is downloadable in MS Access format (amongst others).

Thank you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk