Old 29-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Brussel Tops

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , vsop

Sprout plants should not come to any harm by having their tops removed,
but it is probably better to wait until most of the sprout crop has
formed up before doing that.

I cut off the top of one today to use for cole-slaw in the absence of any
green cabbage. I was surprised to see several undeveloped sprouts at the
bases of the larger leaves. What a pity! Presumably they'd have grown into
real ones.

Last year was my first attempt at growing sprouts and I've been delighted
with the quantity and quality, all the sprouts are very hard and tasty, the
only problem has been aphids but I wash them off.

Mary

Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.