Old 12-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Tom Warner

Default Snowblower question

wrote:

I bought a 1970 (approx) vintage Toro Snowhound 20.

No air cleaner at all? Not even a screen to keep mice out in the
summer? Is this normal for the industry?

It's normal NOT to have an air cleaner for both current models of Briggs
and Stratton Snow engines as well as Tecumseh Snow King. I think the
rational is that it would likely get clogged with snow/moisture/ice and
it's not necessary since the air is remarkedly dust free when everything
is covered with fresh snow.

That's fine but I like to run my engine during the off season every few
months, and I don't like the idea of doing so without the cleaner, so I
don't run it for very long and try to do so after it rains. There isn't
any room for an air cleaner underneath the snow hood on my B&S Snow
engine, other than that I could probably just get an air cleaner from a
non-snow Intek engine. Anybody else have any ideas?