Old 29-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Larry Stoter

Default Brussel Tops

vsop wrote:

Some time ago I asked advice on what whether it would be detrimental to the
Brussels crop if the tops were removed before the season end (cos we luv
em).
To those people who expressed interest in the answer I can now say that
after many delicious meals of tops, it has made not a jot of difference to
the quality or quantity of button yield.
We used the variety Hamlet , which were rather tall and needed to be staked.
We grew in raised beds made of decking timber.
Best Regards

---

We live in one of the sprout centres of the UK - the
Potton/Biggleswade/Sandy/Bedford area. At the weekend, I noticed a whole
field where all the tops and side leaves had been removed, leaving just
stems covered in sprouts.
--
Larry Stoter