Old 12-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Xi Wang

Default Storing Pollen

I'm curious, for how long would pollen stored in this way stay viable?

Cheers,
Xi

Mick Fournier wrote:
Gene,

Find some white glossy paper like the kind found in high quality magazines.
fold into a 2"x2" envelope like a jeweler would make to contain his
diamonds. Put the cleaned up pollen in the envelope and tape it shut. Then
place the envelope inside a Tupperware container and put it in the
refrigerator... not the freezer.

Mick Fournier
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message

I may be in a situation where I want to save some pollen from a Phal in my
collection to pollenate another Phal that will bloom a couple weeks later.
What do I do to keep it viable?

Thanks,
Gene