Old 12-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Dr.

Default Flourite issue help me

"Dukester" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am setting up a live plant aquarium. I put 45 pounds of Flourite in
a 26 gallon bow front tank. I dont think I cleaned the Flourite good
enough cause my water is now the color of Chocolate Milk. Practically
zero visibility. How long will this last? Is it better if I just turn
off the filters to let the particles settle? Right now I am just
running a whisper power filter.. I already turned off my Fluval 204.
Any help would be appreciated...

Is the tank un-cycled without fish? If so, you can drain the water and
slowly add new water being careful not to disturb the bottom. If it's
cycled, just wait it out. it'll clear eventually.

I have flourite in 2 tanks. I don't like the idea of the sediment getting
into the filter. Cleaning your impellers is probably not a bad idea.

Gary