Old 13-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Dr.

Default Flourite issue help me

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .

Any idea if a Diatom filter would do the trick? I was thinking of adding
Fluorite or Onyx to my existing tank and I was worried about the same
issue. I actually want the Diatom filter for other uses, so it would be a
bonus if I could use it for this too.

Yeah, it should help some. I did that with a Magnum 350 on one of my tanks.
It'll probably clog the element fairly quick, so I'd have a spare or two on
hand. When the dust finally settles, I'd suggest cleaning your filter very
well to reduce any chance of the Flourite abrasing any moving parts.

That first time I just rinsed the Flourite in the tub using a colander. I
didn't do as good of a job as I thought I did. The 2nd time I did the
rinsing outside using a colander and a 5 gallon bucket. That worked a little
better. Next time I'm going to try drilling some large holes in the bottom
of the 5 gallon bucket and lining it with window screen, and rinsing the
Flourite a little at a time with the garden hose.

Gary