Old 13-11-2005, 06:00 PM
bobc

Default Brsdm. Lillian Oka 'Lillian'

Susan Erickson wrote:
Did you repot twice in succession? Is the new pot and mix
combination the same as the last? I would leave a plant in a pot
if it fills it in 6 months - let it crowd a bit. It will jump
the pot wall and continue if it wants more space. But many like
a secure fit in the pot. That is they do not like unbounded
space. Is this plant getting as much sun as Sharry Baby? In my
experience the Brsdm want sun.

Thank you Sue and Ray.
I did repot twice in succession, the mix is bark, and the pot is clay.
The mix is the same as what I used the first time - bark and perlite.
I tend to use rather chunky bark and perlite, I'd guess it'd be medium
sized, because I tend to like watering and have a bit of a heavy hand -
however I always make sure the plant needs watering first.
I use a 1-2-1 (NKP) formula when I feed the plants, at 1/4 tsp/gal. I
get about 4 hours morning sun each clear day, and bright light for
another couple hours.
The Onc. Sharry Baby flowers from each new ps-bulb. I also have a
Christieara in the same window getting somewhat more light (being it's
up against the glass) that also flowers for me (this is it's third
time) - V. (Aer) flabellata x Ascda. Aroonsri Beauty.
I decided to switch Onc. Sharry Baby and Brsdm. Lillian Oka, just to
see what happens.
Although it seems they both get the same amount of light, it's only an
observational assumption.
Thank you both again. I googled images of the Brsdm. and the flowers
look fantastic! I hope I get some on my plant.
Bob Campoli - who noticed the inflorescense beginning on the
Christieara this morning! AND a second one beginning on Neostylis Lou
Sneary!!!