Old 13-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Phillip Dauben

Default New Koi question

Temps this week in San Diego are supposed to be in the 80's. It sure
doesn't feel like it right now. When I usually bought fish this time of
year, I typically didn't have a problem. It was usually spring time that
the diseases started up.

Phillip

Phillip Dauben
http://pond.dauben.us/

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"Carl Beyer" wrote:

I live in So Cal, out in the valley. Winter temps will dip to the 40's
at night.

Should I replace my one lost koi now, or should i wait until Spring when
things warm up.

Thanks to all

Carl

Hi carl,

I live in san diego and have purchased fish in the "off season" without
problems (man is it gorgeous today!) You will want to buy fish that have
also been kept outdoors though, so the temperature differential isn't too
great. A sudden change to a much lower temp can trigger a bought of ich.

BTW, I always keep a gallon of dechlor handy just in case of emergency.
You
can always pour it in even if you don't think chlorine is the problem.

Good luck!

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.