Old 30-01-2003, 02:47 PM
sacha

Default Betula to demand?

in article , Inge Jones at
wrote on 30/1/03 1:12 pm:

In article ,
says...

Inge, try these people for Eucalyptus:
www.eucalyptus.co.uk

Very useful link, thanks. But - bah! - they're out of stock of the very
one I was thinking of. But then since it is such a useful site it has
informed me that now is not the time to be planting eucalyptus anyway,
so they might have them in when the time comes.

I smiled and recognised myself in this: "Some customers would like a
species that will grow rapidly for two or three years, get to about
15ft, and then stop. This is not the way that Eucalypts grow."

Console yourself with the thought that this is something Ray says to me at
least 5 times a season about some of *our* customers, too! A few want
something that will go to precisely 8' and not 6" more, yet others buy some
young and hopeful plant and promptly ask how soon they should start hacking
it down! Takes all sorts. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk