Old 13-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Richard Brooks

Default more seasonal weirdness

Draven wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

On 13/11/05 9:22, in article
k, "Draven"
wrote:

"Sue" wrote in message

"stevej" wrote

my garden has plenty of colour, ain't global warmin gr8 :-)

I saw a Red Admiral out and about sunning itself today, but a clear sky
has
meant the temperature's dropped considerably this evening.

--
Sue

It was 2.7C in my garden last night.

We watched the Cenotaph ceremony this morning so that my husband could
show
The Grand daughter 'his lot' as they marched past (she's convinced he
'saved
the world' personally and doesn't believe he wasn't in the war!) and we
were
astonished at how green and leafy the plane trees in London are still. It
was very hard to look at those trees and think of this being mid-November.
No wonder I can't get worked up over the Christmas shopping. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I know what you mean. Each year Christmas seems less Christmassy....if you
know what I mean.

Draven

Maybe it's time to take some of the pre-commercial part of Christmas and
put some of that 'friends coming together and remembering those that
have not been remembered as much as we should have' sort of thing ?

For some years I have been using a bit of the produce from our small
back garden orchard and using it in the Christmas dinner. Apple slices
mixed in with parsnips and onion is a really nice dish.

Richard.