Old 13-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Sacha

Default more seasonal weirdness

On 13/11/05 17:19, in article ,
"Richard Brooks" wrote:

snip
Maybe it's time to take some of the pre-commercial part of Christmas and
put some of that 'friends coming together and remembering those that
have not been remembered as much as we should have' sort of thing ?

For some years I have been using a bit of the produce from our small
back garden orchard and using it in the Christmas dinner. Apple slices
mixed in with parsnips and onion is a really nice dish.

Sounds really good. Do you roast them, fry the onion and apple together -
how is it done? In our family, Ray and I have six children between us - his
and mine - and various spouses and other attachments and all like different
veg. so I end up doing mashed and roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts,
parsnips, sweet potatoes, broccoli and spinach. And Yorkshire puddings.
Every year I swear that the next year we'll go out for Christmas lunch but I
know I don't mean it!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk