Old 13-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Potted perennials

Hey Lauren,

Didn't know you were in the Manson family.

When did you get that swastika tattooed on your forehead?

"Lauren" wrote in message

Persephone wrote in message

Just a personal opinion -- but -- I find the term "wandering jew" so
distasteful, that I prefer to use the botanical name. At a nursery
I would ask for the plant by its botanical name.

Googling "Wandering Jew" yields:

+++++
Common name: "Zebrina Wandering Jew"
Latin name: Tradescantia zebrina - synonym Zebrina pendula
+++++

Note that the Latin name says nothing about Jews.
The meaning is "trailing" or "hanging".

One has to wonder how this unfortunate nomenclature arose.

--

Persephone

One has to wonder how unfortunate we are that people like you were not
aborted before birth.