Old 13-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Ray

Default Couple of beginner questions

I'm not talking just the velamen gone, I mean everything but that inner
core.

"Steve" wrote in message
Ray wrote:

Interesting!

I've seen really thin roots do that, but not just from the cores.

Have you ever seen a root with no velamen at the top where it starts but
if you follow it down there is velamen on the younger part with an
actively growing tip? I have. I always figure the root doesn't have a long
future and I cut it off unless unless the plant really needs the root.
I cut off any root that has no velamen at all, assuming it is dead. Only
exception would be for support on a plant that is nearly rootless other
wise.

Steve