Old 13-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Kenni Judd

Default s/h and rootless wonders

Superthrive is a good product when used prudently and in moderation -- good
for promoting root growth. But overdosing will lead to bad results --
deformed new growths, malformed flowers. For a 1-time emergency treatment,
try about 10 drops/gallon of water for a 15-20 minute soak. But do not
"lather, rinse, repeat" G.

On the frost-burned Catts -- the existing damage is not going to go away.
But the plants may well recover and grow out of it, in time, if they weren't
thoroughly frozen.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got 2 rootless wonders, one a onc. wil. kiolibri "red" was in bloom,
I cut the spike when I discovered the root loss, the there dend. Burana
white x B. pearl is just going into spike, that I just transfered into
s/h, I was having problems with fungus knats and compost breakdown.
the guy at the local hydroponics store swears by some stuff called
SUPERthrive, I was wondering if anyone had any expierence with it, and
if there are any tricks to try to get them to grow new roots

also got some frost burned cats ( wife ordered them for my b. day and
fedex left them on the doorstep in 14F weather) was wondering if there
are any way to save them.