Old 14-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Jeanne Stockdale

Default stop Squirrel's eating my spring bulbs

You have solved a puzzle for me. I noticed lots of holes in the flower beds
where I had recently planted bulbs. I had assumed it was moles but I am sure
you are right that it is squirrels.

We have lived here for 4 years and have never been bothered by squirrels
before but this year we have got several. They have obviously been gorging
themselves on the bulbs - as well as the nuts we put out for the birds. That
I can put up with but yesterday saw one on the rose which climbs up the wall
of our house. So now I am panicking a bit in case they get in the eaves of
the house. I don't like the idea of killing them but don't see an
alternative

Jeanne

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I seem to have a problem with Squirrel's digging up and eating my
spring bulbs

Is there anything I can do to stop this ?

I have bought a Squirrel feeder this weekend and filled it with Peanuts
to try and distract them .

Cheers

Colin