Old 14-11-2005, 12:43 PM
stevej

Default stop Squirrel's eating my spring bulbs

I have put some short canes in the ground around bulbs and connect up with
fishing line (randomly). It seems to have worked for me, perhaps they are
scared of being snared.... Also it doe's not look a mess like chicken wire.

HTH
Steve

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message
You have solved a puzzle for me. I noticed lots of holes in the flower
beds where I had recently planted bulbs. I had assumed it was moles but I
am sure you are right that it is squirrels.

We have lived here for 4 years and have never been bothered by squirrels
before but this year we have got several. They have obviously been gorging
themselves on the bulbs - as well as the nuts we put out for the birds.
That I can put up with but yesterday saw one on the rose which climbs up
the wall of our house. So now I am panicking a bit in case they get in the
eaves of the house. I don't like the idea of killing them but don't see an
alternative

Jeanne

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I seem to have a problem with Squirrel's digging up and eating my
spring bulbs

Is there anything I can do to stop this ?

I have bought a Squirrel feeder this weekend and filled it with Peanuts
to try and distract them .

Cheers

Colin