Old 14-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Ian Keeling

Default mulching

La puce wrote:
Ian Keeling wrote:

I'm not worried - only pointing out my credentials, so the OP isn't
under any illusion that I'm some authority on the matter.

The matter of 'mulching'?! g

But seriously, I'm 4 months away to passing my RHS. Any advice? And why
do you concider yourself a 'novice' after passing such a demanding
examination? I understand that academic credentials are nothing
compared to experience. But surely you're not 8 years old nor you'd
just pass an exam with no practical experience. Or would you?!

Well, yes, even with distinction in that exam I still consider myself
something of a novice - it's only the first step. (Best tip: Get hold of
as many past papers as you can)

What the course of study really did for me was to open up whole new
areas of ignorance! After studying for the exam I began to get an
inkling of how much there is to know about plants and their culture.

No, I'm not 8 years old (40 something). I don't have vast practical
experience, but I have had a "growing" interest in plants and gardening
over the last 10 years - it's beginning to get a bit serious.

I am certainly a novice compared to many of the regular posters in this
group.