Old 14-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Sacha

Default The Plantsman Nursery

On 14/11/05 14:02, in article
, "Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

David, he brought only one Lonicera hilderbrandiana but I've asked him for
another if he has one. Otherwise, can you wait for our baby to grow and
we'll take cuttings?

What's that like? Not that small-leaved shrub with the small
mauve/purple flowers? If so, I've oooooodles of them accidentally
layered.

L. hildebrandiana is a climbing honey suckle but much larger flowers and
frost tender. We want to grow it in one of the glasshouses, take some
cuttings and experiment with it outside. It's very vigorous given enough
warmth, apparently and can reach great heights - literally! I think it's
nickname is the giant Burmese honeysuckle. I can't think of which shrubby
one you mean. In the garden, we have L. involucrata, which I love and a
deep pinky red one that nobody seems to be able to identify but that's not
the right colour for ours.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk