Old 14-11-2005, 07:34 PM
nunya

Default stop Squirrel's eating my spring bulbs

Gardening_Convert wrote:

I seem to have a problem with Squirrel's digging up and eating my
spring bulbs

Is there anything I can do to stop this ?

I have bought a Squirrel feeder this weekend and filled it with Peanuts
to try and distract them .

Cheers

Colin

it sounds to me like you are actually going to encourage them to hang
around. when you plant the bukbs you can plant them inside wire
cage/basket. you can sprinkle area and bulbs w/ red pepper powder.
i understand the frustration since one winter i lost 150 tulip bulbs to
voles. not a single plant survived. now i just stick to daffodils,
which they don't eat.
sherm