Old 14-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Ray

Default Couple of beginner questions

If you look at the cross section I posted on a.b.p.o, you can see the
velamen on the far outside (gray, spongy-looking area_, and the vascular
cylinder (almost white) in the middle.

My thought was that with the velamen gone, the inner part of the epidermis
can continue on, but once it's gone, the core is a goner.

"Steve" wrote in message
Ray wrote:
I'm not talking just the velamen gone, I mean everything but that inner
core.

Oh. I guess I'm not picturing anything but the inner core being left
after the velamen is gone. I'll have to pay attention the next time I
repot something and look for the extra layer.

Steve