Old 15-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Koi-lo

Default pump off or on?

"Gary John" wrote in message
My first winter with a garden goldfish pond here in the UK.
Do I turn the water pump (submersible) off or keep it on?

## That would depend on the climate you live in. Here in the USA, zone 6,
people shut the pumps off so the water can go through it's conversion. The
warmer water drops to the bottom where the fish spend the winter months. A
running pump can stop that from happening. Also the fish, in a state of
hibernation, don't need to be fighting a current. Just keep a hole open in
the ice.

If it needs to be turned off, do I take the 'Green Genie' out and clean
all the internal filters.
Sorry for asking two questions for the price of one!

## I don't use Green Genie so can't make any suggestions there.......

Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastadaisy