Old 15-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Wilmdale

Default pump off or on?

Hi Gary!
That all depends on how cold it gets where you live. If you have days
and days and weeks of freezing weather and the water typically freezes
over for the most of the winter, I would suggest turning the pumps off
so as to not 'super cool' to bottom layer of water that is warmer than
the top or upper depths of the pond. I live in Colorado Springs, CO and
today my pump was turned off as we will be having temps into the 20's
for most of the week. That is a bit too chilly for the fish.

If you do turn your pumps off, when you do, that is a good time to clean
the filters. Makes for a nice easy start up in the spring.
Happy ponding!
W. Dale

Gary John wrote:

My first winter with a garden goldfish pond here in the UK.
Do I turn the water pump (submersible) off or keep it on?
If it needs to be turned off, do I take the 'Green Genie' out and clean all
the internal filters.
Sorry for asking two questions for the price of one!
Cheers,
Gary.