Old 15-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Jake H.

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:05:07 GMT, G wrote:
Any opinions on Craftsman push mulching/rear-bagging
mowers, specifially the 38886? Oh yea, it's B&S 6.5hp

For some reason, I have had absolutely terrible luck with Sears
Craftsman lawn mowers... and yet I keep going back because they are
the least expensive (when on sale) and I am not rich. This last
time... after my 2 season old Sears Craftsman side discharge with a
4.5 HP B&S engine cracked its block (no, I didn't hit anything) and
started leaking oil everywhere... I bought another Sears Craftsman
like you have described but with the 5.5 HP Honda engine. I really
thought the Honda engine would make a difference, but all I got was an
insane level of vibration (hand blisters every time I use it) and
terrible, terrible performance, especially when mulching. I have
complained and brought it back to Sears twice with no satisfaction.
They would not give me a refund. All they would do is rebalance or
replace the blade, but its obvious that was never the problem. I am
so disgusted with Sears I could scream. If I ever buy another
Craftsman lawn mower, someone... anyone... please shoot me and put me
out of my misery! :-(

Jake