Old 15-11-2005, 04:25 AM
tightwad

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

I'm not sure who is making mowers sold by Sears under the Craftsman name
now.
Sears cares little about the quality of the Lawn Mowers and other items
itsticks the name Craftsman on these days.
They will milk the Craftsman name until everybody finally realizes it is
no different than the cheap throwaways available at Walmart, Lowes. Home
Depot, etc.
You have to look at every aspect of the mower you anticipate buying.
Even John Deere Mowers are mostly manufactured by whoever will meet John
Deere's price point of the WalMart marketing philosophy clones. John
Deere still manufactures all of its John deere labeled Commercial
mowers, I believe.
Briggs bought Simplicity, Snapper and a number of others.
The who owns what has changed so much, in the last 3 years, I cannot
remember just who is manufacturing what and for who.
Thanks to Wal Mart there is not much American Made Quality left out there.