Old 15-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Janet Galpin

Default The Plantsman Nursery

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

On 14/11/05 17:40, in article ,
"Janet Galpin" wrote:

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

I can't think of which shrubby
one you mean. In the garden, we have L. involucrata, which I love and a
deep pinky red one that nobody seems to be able to identify but
that's not
the right colour for ours.

I mean the one which is used as a hedge.

Nemmind. ICBA to google to see, as I was sure you'd know which one you
meant...

Lonicera nitida (more upright) or Lonicera pileata (more horizontal), I
believe.

Both have white/cream flowers, though and I think Rusty mentioned
mauve/purply ones. L. pileata roots easily from bent over tips and has
purple berries, so perhaps it's that one? They're both hedging Lonicera.

Yes, sorry he did. I think it was the easy rooting which made me leap to
conclusions and, as you say, L pileata does have rather attractive
purple berries though, in my case at least, not many and not often.
Janet G